Wednesday, October 20, 2010

J.J. Embleton - Catalog

J.J.'s Catalog Blurb:
The 1865 novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is considered to be one of the best examples of the literary nonsense genre. With this nonsensical theme, it is a great story to look at in a different light. Considering this book with different ideas, the illustrations and designs have given a deeper and more serious adult feel to Alice's situation.



Ok so for my catalog I didn’t want to have like a specific or I guess I should say like an extremely unique theme so to make it interesting I just wanted to showcase a lot of photography of the nature and a lot of the books. To make all these pictures really interesting I really just wanted to create photos with tons of high contrasting light like the photos in my mood board. The rest of the explanations of my ideas for the catalog are written on my mood board so read them there if you want.

I was looking at a bunch of catalogs and it seems that the pretty standard shape is 8” x 10.5 or 10.75” I think I will have to work out with my photos how this will look but I may if I need a little more creativity go with a square format like 6” x 6” or something like that.

Spending budget will not be a ton on this project but I think that I will spend about $30 max on gas and ten about $30 max on printing. This will make the total $60 but that is also estimating a little bit high so I could be as low as $30 in total depending on where I travel and what kind of paper I get to print on.


No comments:

Post a Comment